CopyThat – CopyThat Challenge
“Write out successful copy and I’ll become a better writer? Is it really that simple?”
Yeah, it is.
I know. Surprising.
See, up until the mid 1900’s, copywork (that’s what we copying other people’s writing) was how we taught kids to write.
Copywork taught kids proper grammar, punctuation, and syntax. And more importantly, how to have flow, voice, and rhythm.
But for some reason copywork became a fad. Maybe because it’s boring. Or because it requires work. I don’t really know.
But what I do know is that it works.
- Jack London and Robert Louis Stevenson (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde) were famous for using copywork to learn how to write fiction.
- Ben Franklin spent years using copywork to learn newspaper writing and letters to persuade people. Now you understand why his picture’s all over this site?
- Hunter S. Thompson said rewriting The Great Gatsby gave him his foundation for his voice.
- Funny man Judd Apatow (Knocked Up + dozen more movies) said using SNL scripts for copywork taught him what a good joke was.
In 2013 I spent an hour every day for 6 months (called copyhour) rewriting the best sales pages of all time.
I wasn’t a great writer before starting that. But after, I learned how to effectively use the written word to sell products. And it worked.
I started a newsletter business (The Hustle) and sold it for tens of millions of dollars. And copywork was huge to that outcome.
Even now, before I write a blog, an important email, this sales page – I do copywork.
So…interested in trying copywork?
Join the CopyThat Challenge.
After this 14 day challenge, your sales copy will improve significantly.
Sales copy on websites. Marketing emails. Cold emails. Hell, even your Tinder messages (seriously).
All will improve.
At the end of the challenge, you’ll know the recipe for persuasive copy.
What You’ll Learn In CopyThat Challenge?
The CopyThat Challenge lasts 10 week days
- An email with a copywriting lesson and explanation on how to use that lesson right away.
- A sales letter to copy. We’ve spent thousands of hours finding the most unique and effective sales copy in the world.
- Each sales letter will have detailed annotations on the sales letter that explains why different sentences work and what you can learn.
Sale Page: CopyThat – CopyThat Challenge
There are no reviews yet.