Rick Davidson – Unreal Engine Cinematic Creator
Rick Davidson has been making video games professionally for more than 14 years as a Designer, Producer, Creative Director, and Executive Producer, creating games for console, mobile, PC and Facebook. He founded an Indie game studio, Inspirado Games, which was acquired in 2012 by Electronic Arts / PopCap. He has worked on cool IPs such as Mario, Transformers, Captain America and Mortal Kombat and created successful new IPs from scratch (such as “GardenMind” which was nominated for Canadian Game of the Year in the social / mobile category).
Here’s what you’ll get:
- How to use Sequencer in Unreal Engine.
- How to create a fully functioning cut scene which is triggered from gameplay
- How to create interactive and non-interactive cut scenes
- How to animate cameras to create interesting emotions for the player
- How to use Sequencer for gameplay – for example opening doors or triggering elevators
- How to use Unreal’s library of free assets to make a cool looking portfolio piece
5 sections • 40 lectures • 5h 18m total length
- Section 1 : The Basics
- Section 2 : Sequencer & Cameras
- Section 3 : Triggering Sequences
- Section 4 : Making Cutscenes
- Section 5 : Continuing Your GameDev Journey